You agree that by clicking “Continue with Twitter”, "Join Now", "Login with Twitter", "Sign Up with Twitter" or similar, you are creating an account in order to use or access our services ("Services"). By creating an account, you enter a legally binding agreement (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company).
Here are some promises you make to us in this Agreement:
- You are at least 13 years old ("Minimum Age").
- You only have one PeopleMaven account, which is in your real name.
- You are not previously restricted by PeopleMaven from using our Services.
Notices and Service Messages
You agree that we may provide notices to you by an email sent to the address provided via Twitter.
Your License to Peoplemaven
PeopleMaven allows users to post content, including images, comments, likes, and links. PeopleMaven users retain ownership of any intellectual property rights in the content that is uploaded or stored on PeopleMaven.
As between you and PeopleMaven, you own the content and information that you submit or post to PeopleMaven ("Services") and grant PeopleMaven the following non-exclusive license: a worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others.
In other words, if you post your content on PeopleMaven, it still belongs to you, but we can show it to people and others can save it without any notice or compensation to you or others.
These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others and they copied or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will not include your content in advertisements for the products and services of others (including sponsored content) without your separate consent. However, we have the right, without compensation to you or others, to serve ads near your content and information. Your comments on sponsored content may be visible.
- We will get your consent if we want to give others the right to publish your posts beyond the Service. However, other Users and/or Visitors may access and share your content and information, consistent with your profile and lists’ privacy settings.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
- License to Share: When users share content through our services, they give PeopleMaven the license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, publish, adapt, or distribute such content.
- Removal of Content: PeopleMaven reserves the right to remove or modify user content for any reason, including content that we believe violates PeopleMaven terms or policies. While we may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Termination of account: Please contact us through the Contact Us Page to terminate your account. Upon account deactivation, PeopleMaven may retain user content for backup, archival, or audit purposes. PeopleMaven may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works or distribute any of your user content.
- Third-party links, sites, and services: PeopleMaven may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events not owned by PeopleMaven. PeopleMaven does not have any ownership or accountability for content on third party sites.
Effective December 28, 2018